Meghan Markle ‘Heartbroken’ At Life She Has To Leave Behind
As newly-engaged Meghan Markle prepares for her a fresh start here in Britain, it’s emerged she’s had to ‘leave behind’ one of her rescue dogs.
According to reports, the Suits actress has had to make the heartbreaking decision to leave Bogart behind, after moving to the UK as he’s thought to be ‘too old’ to make the long journey.
Meghan has also apparently called time on her career as an actress so she’s able to make full royal commitments in Britain.
The 36-year-old has two rescue dogs – a beagle, called Guy, as well as Bogart, a labrador-shepherd cross.
According to Mail Online, she’ll keep in touch with Bogart by video calling him on FaceTime during her time away.
Kensington Palace have already confirmed Guy has moved over and is now living in the UK, but Bogart sadly, had to be left behind.
It’s prompted speculation from fans on social media, who believe the reason Bogart’s been left behind, could be to do with his age.
Jason Knauf , the Prince’s communication secretary said:
Bogart is now living with friends.
The Palace reportedly refused to reveal exactly why Bogart had been left behind but said the decision ‘would have lots of complexity to it’.
To be able to move to the country, Guy had to have several vaccinations and blood tests, and, as is compulsory, had to be microchipped.
It’s understood Guy is ‘living very happily’ at his new home at Kensington Palace with the couple.
Speaking in the couple’s first interview following their engagement, Miss Markle told told the BBC:
I have two dogs that I’ve had for quite a long time, both my rescue pups.
And one is now staying with very close friends and my other little guy is, yes he’s in the UK, he’s been here for a while. I think he’s doing just fine.
Harry and Meghan will be married in May next year, it was announced yesterday.
In an official statement, the palace revealed the couple will be married at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle, May next year.
It was also announced the wedding will be paid for by the Royal Family.
The statement read:
The marriage of His Royal Highness Prince Harry of Wales and Ms. Meghan Markle will take place at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle in May 2018.
Her Majesty the Queen has granted permission for the wedding to take place at the Chapel.
The Royal Family will pay for the wedding.
Further details about the wedding will be announced in due course.
The marriage of Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle will take place at St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle in May 2018. pic.twitter.com/lJdtWnbdpB
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) November 28, 2017
The first photos of the happy couple surfaced after a photo call at The Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace, set up to officially announce their engagement on Monday.
In an interview, Prince Harry was asked when he knew Meghan was the one he was going to marry, to which he replied:
‘The very first time we met.
Harry reportedly designed the ring, with the centre diamond hailing from Botswana and the two outside coming from Princess Diana’s ring.
Hopefully Bogart will be happy in his new home too.
Source: unilad.co.uk Read more here!